Puzzle: The Amazement of the Land
Hint: If you've read Inanna,
Goddess of Infinite Variety in this issue, you'll have an easier
time with this puzzle!
1. The material, consisting mainly of calcium deposited
by the remains of marine animals, of which the disk from Ur was
3. An uncivilized condition of civilization, governed
by 8 Across.
5. The pursuit of the goals of 3 Across.
7. Symbol of 8 Across; a living entity.
8. A Goddess of infinite variety, known as "The
Amazement of the Land."
10. An occupation of the great priestess of the moon
12. Only one of 17 Down.
13. Celestial body phase associated with 8 Across.
15. Important Sumerian city; its high priestess was
16. A "sacred marriage" confirmed this office.
17. Name of the celestial body in 13 Across.
18. A person neither/both male/female, as 8 Across was
1. An ungovernable state; one of the areas governed
by 8 Across.
2. The consistent nature of all aspects and functions
of 8 Across.
4. 8-pointed star symbol.
6. Natural phenomena governed by 8 Across.
9. Creature part bird, part cat, often seen with 8 Across.
11. Winged associate of 8 Across.
12. Queen of the sky, planet and goddess, both ___ and
14. Sacred animal of 8 Across, in her later form in
17. Rules and regulations assigned to each cosmic entity
and cultural phenomenon so it would operate forever.
created with Crossword Compiler
by Sage Starwalker, © 2004. All rights reserved.